bdobanion

Peaked Credits
Anyone planning on getting the 3080 or any version of the new 3000 series GPU's? If so, what is your current gpu and what are you hoping to get out of it.
I plan on getting one in another month or so. I currently have a 1660ti and I'm hoping to get way better frame rates and utilize the new encoding for stream to relieve some stress from my cpu. As of right now, I average about 103 fps on apex legends. I wouldnt mind trying out some better more graphic intensive games after the upgrade as well. Open to any suggestions. :)

digitall

Founder
Staff member
Peaked MVP
I am hoping with the pricing changes between the new cards, maybe some nice second hand 2080s will hit the trade forums now hehehe

bdobanion

Peaked Credits
See, I live in a small rural community, not a lot of tech in the area. The nearest best buy is about an hour and a half drive away. I have to order everything online generally and theres no second hand parts down here. I'm just trying to future proof myself. I just gotta make sure everything is compatible. I already have to upgrade my psu just to accommodate the power usage of the card. I only have a 620w. Its recommended to have a 750. I might look at my machines specs and see if I can squeak by, but I highly doubt it.